In the experimental drawing workshop, the instruction was “cover a big sheet with chalk pastel”.
To build layers, drawing, smearing, wetting, fixing, drawing again.
Others made patterns and abstracts. I still had in my head the image of the fallen tree set against the backlit foliage. I did not particularly wish to create a recognisable landscape piece but it was a start.
I reached a point where I wanted to disintegrate the picture I had started. I ran it under the tap, placed more paper on top and walked on it. Actually, the underlying image was rather resilient.
The print was interesting though.
At home, I rebuilt the picture from scratch, in just three colours, cobalt blue, rose and aurolean.